The ankle brachial index machine test is the procedure in which we are finding out the problem and the arteries which are taking the blood away from the heart and towards the arteries of the legs but this test is not so easy to conduct but and having some kinds of risks in it like but these risks are not so specific but they can vary from percent a person So in the situation when there is a very severe pain in your legs then the doctors will not recommend you this test and if there is the floor in the arteries then in this situation this test is not recommended but there are some different higher level tests to conduct those kinds of diseases but the peripheral artery disease it’s not so dangerous and contagious or buy AED Australia fir different purposes as nebulisers and AFLURIA quad flu vaccine.
Preparation for the test:
When your doctor recommend you to take the ankle brake index machine test or the ABI Doppler test then you don’t need to prepare a lot for this as you can go with your normal diet at the day of the test and also you don’t need to leave the medicine you are having already but a little thing you have to do is to take some soft and light diet at that day so that there will not be any kind of problem while taking the test and before the procedure of the test we have to get relaxed 4:15 to 30 minutes so that your blood pressure can get normal and also you have to wear some lose dress so that your physician can check you out properly.
- The procedure of this test is not so complicated but this is just like a normal blood test in which we have to lay down on a flat surface so that your physician can look at the problematic area and your body and also you can check out your blood pressure and other necessary things on your body so that if there is any other kind of problem in your body he can locate and diagnose it easily.
- The blood pressure cough as you have seen while you are taking out your blood pressure is being placed on your knee in the very beginning of the test.
- And then the physician will be using the ultrasound probe on the surface of your knee so that he can listen to the proper functioning and sound of the arteries and supply of the blood to your ankle.
- Just like taking the blood pressure the physician will increasing the pressure on your knee which could be and comfortable for you but this will not be hurting you and this will be only for some time.
- In the physician or the technician then released the pressure slowly and taking down the readings.
- The technician will be doing the same thing on your both arms and other ankle and after taking all the readings then he will be calculating the normal reading.